A colleague of mine recently complained about how he’s fed up with all the Facebook email notifications he’d been receiving. For example, every time someone “liked” a post he was tagged in, he would receive an email notification and his phone would vibrate. And no, turning off his cell wasn’t an option, because this particular individual is self-employed and takes pride in the fact that he’s always available to his clients.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- In the upper right-hand corner, next to where it says “Home”, you’ll see a triangle, indicating a pull-down menu. Click on it and select “Account Settings.”
- On the left side of the screen, locate “Notifications” and click on it.
- Scroll down a bit to “All Notifications.” At the top of this list, locate “Facebook” and click on “edit” at the far right.
- Now deselect which events you don’t want to receive email notifications for. You get to decide which notifications are okay: for example, you might not want to get notified every time someone pokes you, but maybe you do want to get notified when it’s someone’s birthday.
That’s it! Ta-Daaa! Please share this post if you found it useful.
(c) 2012 Night Day Productions