If you’re on Facebook, especially for business, you’ve likely noticed the abundance of inspirational Picture Quotes in your stream. You know the ones I’m talking about…
While Picture Quotes often get a bad rap for being overused, cliche and doing little more that contributing to white noise, they continue to be freakishly popular. That’s because, when done right, they are incredibly effective, especially when used for business purposes.
Here are a couple of things to consider before you get all bent out of shape about Picture Quotes…
1) Facebook’s EdgeRank filter prefers images; you’ll get more views if you post images, as opposed to just text and links.
2) We humans are visual creatures; we tend to respond more to pictures than written words.
3) If you’re creating your own Picture Quote, make your images 1200 X 1200 so that they look their best on Facebook. And make sure that both image and text are easily visible and not cropped off in a weird way when the Picture Quote comes up in a timeline, even if it hasn’t been clicked on and opened.
4) Capitalize on the fact that in Facebook, you can attach a written description to your image; this is where you can add your business information, website URL, etc. Just don’t go too overboard with the sales pitch. Remember at the end of the day, these images have to inspire someone or put a smile on someone’s face… they’re so much more than mini digital billboards!
5) Picture Quotes are easy to make, easy to digest and easy to share!
6) Use Picture Quotes to indirectly broadcast your business’s mindset, culture, beliefs and values. Make sure that you are adorning your Facebook page with Picture Quotes that are in line with your company’s philosophies, but more importantly, make sure they speak to your desired audience!
Need help with your small business’s social media campaign? Get in touch!